Egassem Ships Concepts

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
reality_riot
Space Krill

Egassem Ships Concepts

#1 Post by reality_riot »

Hi there,

I'm new here.

I drew some concept art for the Egassem ships. These are pretty quick sketches. I could clean them up further, but wanted some feedback first.
Attachments
Egassem Ship Concepts Draft 1
Egassem Ship Concepts Draft 1
Egassem_ships_concepts_01.png (443.69 KiB) Viewed 2231 times

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: Egassem Ships Concepts

#2 Post by Bigjoe5 »

What are the domes / spikes on top for? A "bridge" of sorts? Some of them seem to have engines, but they look out of place with the rest of the design. Most of them seem to be jagged and spiky on the bottom, but flat on top, aside from the bridge. Perhaps a more rugged slope upwards on the top, capped by one of those domes might look nice, or perhaps the entire top half could be a dome, either with the profiles you have now, or with a rounder profile.

I'n not sure if the spiky aspect suits their biology that well, since they're really quite big, and most of those spikes would be places that they couldn't get into. On the other hand, you could take the approach that most ships, especially below a certain size, would only have one Egassem, who might occupy the dome on top of the ship, in which case the rest of the ship can be designed according to the personality of the species. Larger ships might have more of these domes, to house more crewmen, and small ships might have none, and only be controlled remotely, or they might just have smaller ones, piloted by younger, less powerful (in a political sense) Egassem.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

reality_riot
Space Krill

#3 Post by reality_riot »

Thanks for the feedback. These are good points.

The domes are based on this types of rock formation:

I imagine these space boats as floating islands. You're right the elements look disjointed. I'll give it another go.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

I can easily imagine that Egassem ships are asymmetrical. You seem to toy with that a little, but you don't need to hold back on asymmetry.