Graphics Assignments?

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
nnnslogan
Space Krill

Graphics Assignments?

#1 Post by nnnslogan »

I've looked over some of the stuff posted by artists in the forums. I like a lot of the design work that has already been done. I'd be happy to translate some of the sketches into 3D models if that hasn't already been done.

Basically if you need something specific modeled in 3D, just give me an assignment. Ships, aliens, whatever, and I'll whip something up for you and try to convert it into a format you can use.

Also, if you want to chat on instant messenger about the project or about art tasks, my screen name is nnnslogan.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Graphics Assignments?

#2 Post by pd »

Feel free to work on the Gyisache ships. I was going to do it myself, but there is a lot of planet texture work left for me and it makes sense to spread the work, now that we have the work force :)

I don't care whether you go with Josh's first or second take - I like them both. As mentioned by himself, feel free to fill in what is only loosely defined and add what you think needs to be added.

Technically what we need is:
  • low poly meshes for the ships(There aren't any poly limits yet, just keep is reasonable.)
    color, specular, self-illumination and normal bump maps for each of the meshes.
It's most probably necessary to build high poly models to create the normal bump maps. We should aim for something like this in terms of quality.

The only IM I use is ICQ - you could reach me at 54426817. Also, I check the forums quite frequently. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

nnnslogan
Space Krill

#3 Post by nnnslogan »

I don't use ICQ as much as the other clients these days, but my number is 770335.

pd wrote:Feel free to work on the Gyisache ships. I was going to do it myself, but there is a lot of planet texture work left for me and it makes sense to spread the work, now that we have the work force :)

I don't care whether you go with Josh's first or second take - I like them both. As mentioned by himself, feel free to fill in what is only loosely defined and add what you think needs to be added.

Technically what we need is:
  • low poly meshes for the ships(There aren't any poly limits yet, just keep is reasonable.)
    color, specular, self-illumination and normal bump maps for each of the meshes.
It's most probably necessary to build high poly models to create the normal bump maps. We should aim for something like this in terms of quality.

The only IM I use is ICQ - you could reach me at 54426817. Also, I check the forums quite frequently. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Nighthawk
Space Squid

#4 Post by Nighthawk »

They are gonna be in the game? Awesome