Request: Planetary Icons

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

small delay

#16 Post by miu »

I promised these icons for this week, but I ran to troubles with my machine and I'll have to reinstall it from scratch. I'll post them early next week, sorry for the delay.

Miu
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

JosEPh
Krill Swarm

#17 Post by JosEPh »

The icons are basically ok. The hammer head is hard to see, blends into background. Food could maybe be wheat symbol(yellow) to show up better. Otherwise basic symbols look recognizable.

P.s. Can't wait for this, excellent starmap :D

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

planetary icons

#18 Post by miu »

Now my machine is back in working order, got these finished :) sorry for the delay.

edit: Ok, now they are finished, tuned the colors a little and redid the populationicon :) They could look better in 64x64, but I cut some details to get them to scale down to 16x16 without going messy.

To view them in whole 64x64 glory:
http://users.evtek.fi/~k0201783/p-iconshow2.jpg

and zipfile with them in 16x16 and 64x64 resolution
http://users.evtek.fi/~k0201783/planetaryicons.zip

Have to concentrate on school this week, but if nothing more urgent comes up, I'll take a look on that comet next week.

.Miu
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#19 Post by Impaler »

I am wondering if their are any plans for Race specific Icons in the later versions? Is it atleast modable in the futre? Its not an absolute nessesity even in the fnal versions of the game but I think it would be cool and could give a sense of character (because we all know your race of Lava men are NOT eating wheat).
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#20 Post by tzlaine »

Here is the map again, with miu's new icons also, notice the fleet icon at the system in the upper middle part of the screen. Oh, yeah, and notice that there is population at the top planet.