Concept buildings - DOGA models

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

Concept buildings - DOGA models

#1 Post by Zanzibar »

Here are a few bare-bones concept buildings I did with DOGA (see?? it can make a lot more then spaeships!!) Feel free to post comments/criticism and other building ideas you might have had to this thread.

Kinda an office building/receiving station...
DOGA source file

A research lab??
DOGA source file

My tribute to the twin towers... DOGA style ;)
DOGA source file

Living module for new colony
DOGA source file

noelte
Juggernaut

#2 Post by noelte »

Everytime i see your work, i think how would this look like when smooth rendered. I mean these pics are by now sketches, arn't they? Could you please make one of them final, so we can see how they would appear in game?

Ronald.

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#3 Post by Zanzibar »

I'm sorry, but I don't have the software, time, or the skills to do what you request. I'm pretty good at making models only because DOGA is a lot like using legos. Yes, ok... I played extensively with legos as a kid, and that's why I probably know how to arrange them into interesting designs and patterns, but beyond the lego thing... I don't really have enough experience. Why do you think I provide the model source?? It is in hopes someone with better skills likes where I'm going with this, and decides to finish it. You can download DOGA here it easily exports to 3ds format, so you can probably finish it in 3d studio max or other similar program. I think it also exports to an auto CAD file as well.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

i respect you work, but i think every artist prefers to create his own models from scratch ;)

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by miu »

exactly:) You're doing only the most enjoyable and easy part (design, innovation, modelling) and then leaving the more boring parts (texturing, doing the details and finetuning the model) for others. So I doubt that you'll get artists to finish those models.
But you clearly have visual ideas, try free gmax and see how you can texture them.
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by utilae »

I'm getting quite good at using GMax.

A tank. But imagine if I did a ship. Might try a ship next.
(sorry, but i had to show this one, it's so cool)

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

utilae: your are definitely making progress ;) keep it up.

here is a model i created some months ago for a personal project, i'm sure we have use for it in fo.

noelte
Juggernaut

#8 Post by noelte »

I like it! Way to big, but nice. Kind of sensor base?

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by utilae »

That's nice pd. Very cool.

I tried making another ship. This time using textures (not too good at drawing textures though :) ).

drek
Designer Emeritus

#10 Post by drek »

looks cool pd

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#11 Post by Zanzibar »

Well, maybe my models will inspire more experienced computer artists?? Who knows... just shootin' ideas out there...

Camper
Space Krill

#12 Post by Camper »

Hey, you just inspired me!

Only problem is I'm probably a couple (hundred) of levels below you the computer artist heirachy.. probably around the worm level :wink:
Nice work guys!

Johns_Volition
Space Krill

#13 Post by Johns_Volition »

well it's supposed to be some kind of starport not finished though (done almost no texturing... (still working on my skills)
what do you think?
whatever

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#14 Post by Zanzibar »

Not too bad... here's an idea of humans exploring an alien planet with alien-looking buildings...