Overlay for the philosopher planet special

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Sloth
Content Scripter

Overlay for the philosopher planet special

#1 Post by Sloth »

Here is what i came up with with very limited talent and experience in graphics. Most of it can't really be seen ingame, since it will always be on a tiny planet.

To enable it this effectsgroup has to be added to the special:

Code: Select all

EffectsGroup
            scope = Source
            effects = SetTexture name = "planets/overlays/philosopher.png"
Attachments
philosopher.png
philosopher.png (99.91 KiB) Viewed 4330 times
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Overlay for the philosopher planet special

#2 Post by eleazar »

While i put a face on the icon, icons often don't have much to do with physical reality, and are conceptual/symbolic -- look at all the arrows.

Actually making the planet a giant head is somewhat weirder.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#3 Post by Sloth »

Well, when i made the special i was inspired by the picture of a Genius Loci in the 3rd Edition Dungeons and Dragons Epic Level Handbook (see here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EPIC_ ... usLoci.jpg)

It's really hard to depict a creature shaped like a ball. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe just some kind of scales?
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

Sloth wrote:It's really hard to depict a creature shaped like a ball. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe just some kind of scales?
I'd probably look at some microscopic lifeforms that are approximately ball shaped, like some diatoms. Has the advantage of looking alien too.