UI Animations

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
guiguibaah
Creative Contributor

UI Animations

#1 Post by guiguibaah »

- First, I took a peek at the V0.2 core - it's really nice and the UI is pretty intuitive.

However, I was wondering if at a later date the UI might be given an animated touch. For example - clicking a button sinks part of the UI in. A new screen that pops up either has the 'random bars' effect, a fade in effect, (poeple who use powerpoint may know what I'm taking about). For example, when selecting galaxy size and type, an animation effect introducing the png is applied (placing the .png in a random pixelated effect rather than a full-read)

Or perhaps even something along the lines of white lines being drawn from the planet to encompass the border to the other. Perhaps buttons or areas that highlight and sink when scrolled over?

And of course, UI animations could be clicked off in a preference screen.

That being said, the current UI is really nice. Kudos.
There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

drek
Designer Emeritus

#2 Post by drek »

Something like Doom3's UI animations are what I'd eventually like to see. But, I'd much rather see a finished game--spiffy UI animations can wait, esp. since the UI already works and looks pretty good.