FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:27 am 
Audio Lead Emeritus

For anyone who might be wondering where I've been or what I've been up to the last few months...

While I'd like to say work has kept me busy (thus implying I've been making money), well, I don't have a job;

While I'd like to say I've been on vacation (thus implying I've been doing something exciting), well, I don't particularly like traveling, and I'm not going anywhere anyway til Apple comes out with new PowerBooks that meet my requirements;

While I'd like to say life in general has taken up most of my time (thus implying I have a lot of friends and/or a gf or wife, further implying there is happiness and fulfillment in my existence), well, I live in a cave (aka dark basement) 24/7 with minimal direct human contact.

Sadly, the answer is far less noble, and in the end probably far less worthwhile: I've been playing World of Warcraft. ... Obsessively. Unfortunately the game is falling flat as far as I'm concerned; it's the best of its type (mmorpg) ever made content-wise imo, but their servers suck from an infrastructure/performance standpoint, their high-end content and pvp content is still nowhere to be found, and they made it way too easy (max level in a month for a lot of ppl) trying to cater to casual players. Sooo I'm going to disengage from it for a while and take another look in a few months.

The good news is now I'll have time to play Half-Life 2 and Halo 2... oh and of course work on Free Orion. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:50 am 
Designer Emeritus

ha,

Yeah, WoW is digitial crack. I didn't buy retail because I feared it soaking up all my free time, but I did waste countless hours playing in the beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:12 pm 
Space Kraken

I don't know what to say... I wish I had some of that freetime!!

although I know what you mean, sometimes freetime is a curse...and makes one a prime canidate for game-obsession...

I finished Halo 2 in a few days during my break. My eyes and hands were sore for quite a while... good thing I don't have xbox LIVE...

"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide