FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm 
Offline
Space Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:32 pm
Posts: 318
Location: Finland
Geoff the Medio wrote:
Although I have a copy, there's no mention of releasing it to the project, so without approval form the creator, I can't redistribute it.

Quoted from here: http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1407

Is this a common problem with older audio contributions? And if so, should we recommend that new audio contributors would leave some contact info, an email address for example, on their forum profiles? This way we would have some way of contacting them, if for example our licenses change, or it isn`t clear if they agree to publish their work in FreeOrion? Or do we already have this contact info, since registration to the forums requires a working email address? We could also recommend that they would state clearly when they post a track or a link to a track on FreeOrion`s forum, if they approve that the track can be used in FreeOrion.

I wasn`t sure where to post these questions, since they seemed a bit unofficial for the Info and Official Policies topic, so I started a new one.

_________________
What is your favourite alien species and WHY?
Preliminary thoughts about diplomacy
Some unfinished ideas for specials


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 pm 
Offline
Programming, Design, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:33 am
Posts: 12041
Location: Munich
MikkoM wrote:
...should we recommend that new audio contributors would leave some contact info, an email address for example, on their forum profiles? This way we would have some way of contacting them, if for example our licenses change, or it isn`t clear if they agree to publish their work in FreeOrion? Or do we already have this contact info, since registration to the forums requires a working email address?

Forum admins have access to the email address used to register an account, so we don't need another as long as the registration one isn't a throwaway / unmonitored spambucket.

I'd rather not need to send such an email though...
Quote:
We could also recommend that they would state clearly when they post a track or a link to a track on FreeOrion`s forum, if they approve that the track can be used in FreeOrion

Having submitters note explicitly that they release their contributions under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 would be best. They don't need to specifically mention FreeOrion in such a note, and indeed doing so makes no difference, since anything released under a compatible license can be used by us, and anything used by us must be released under a compatible license.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:47 pm 
Offline
Space Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:32 pm
Posts: 318
Location: Finland
Geoff the Medio wrote:
Having submitters note explicitly that they release their contributions under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 would be best. They don't need to specifically mention FreeOrion in such a note, and indeed doing so makes no difference, since anything released under a compatible license can be used by us, and anything used by us must be released under a compatible license.


Could we, in some form, include this request to our wiki Audio page?

_________________
What is your favourite alien species and WHY?
Preliminary thoughts about diplomacy
Some unfinished ideas for specials


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:20 pm 
Offline
Programming, Design, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:33 am
Posts: 12041
Location: Munich
MikkoM wrote:
Could we, in some form, include this request to our wiki Audio page?

Done.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group