FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:32 pm 
Programming, Design, Admin

guiguibaah wrote:
As I understand it, most composers use Macs - perhaps the sound generated from them is nicer?

Most pencil, paper and piano composers' computers I've seen were Macs... but that doesn't indicate anything about the sound quality, as they certainly weren't using them to compose...
(Rather, they like to send out emails with the date set to 1970 because their clock battery has died and they have the thing pugged into a power bar to turn it on / off, so the clock is reset every time they use it...)

((Ok, maybe I'm overgeneralizing on that last bit...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 pm 
Space Kraken

not the sound, just the tools and the applications (and some would say the platform itself).

I've been a PC user as long as I can remember. I just got into the Mac world a couple years ago. I use both, but mostly I use the Mac for music. Macs are generally more geared towards professionals and less for your everyday user. Plus it basically runs on a UNIX base, so if you are familiar with unix you can feel right at home spawning a command shell...

"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide

Post subject: Re: Site for Soundfonts
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:45 am 
Audio Lead Emeritus

guiguibaah wrote:
If one uses a Mac, they can visit this site that has a lot of reason / refill samples at http://www.dorumalaia.com/freerefillswavsamples.htm I wish there was a refill to soundfont (or gigastudio) converted. Boo :(

I'm pretty sure OS X has native Soundfont support too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:52 pm 
Space Kraken

hey Gui

I was just listening to the 'Ancients' track.

Great melody and harmony. You also develop it nicely, but I was wondering why after the last chord (before the end) you end on FA (4th degree)?

It seems really out of place... just wondering... its just popped out at me since I wanted to hear DO (or the root) in the final cadence.

"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:19 pm 
Audio Lead Emeritus

StratCaster wrote:
It seems really out of place... just wondering... its just popped out at me since I wanted to hear DO (or the root) in the final cadence.

Gui delights in causing you frustration and confusion Strat. He thrives off it, it gives him life, it... <ahem> Nevermind. <crawls back under his rock>