Musical Scenes & Themes

Samples of sound/music, ideas or suggestions related to the development of audio assets for FreeOrion.
StratCaster
Space Kraken

#16 Post by StratCaster »

You wrote your own software sequencer? That's cool. If you want something done right, do-it-yourself....as the saying goes...

I have to say I'm very surprised you are not using Logic, DP or Pro Tools. I thought that's what all Mac-music-people used...I'm new to the Mac scene myself.
"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide

LithiumMongoose
Audio Lead Emeritus

#17 Post by LithiumMongoose »

Well to be honest I've *never* been terribly clear on the difference between a "notation program" and a "software sequencer". All I know how to do is put notes on a series of staffs, pick synths for each line, and then tell it to play them. Never been able to wrap my brain around any other way of writing music. But yeah I was very much in the "if you want something done right..." mindset at the time, plus it was free this way, plus I really like programming on OS X.