Press Release

Official announcements and forum policies.
Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

Press Release

#1 Post by Aquitaine »

The following press release is what we are sending to whatever news sites will carry them:

In 1993, Micropose and Simtex released Master of Orion. In 1996, Microprose was back with Master of Orion II. In 2003, Infogrames and Quickviler released Master of Orion III. A lot of people in the MOO community felt that there was a great deal of potential untapped by MOO3 or its predecessors, and so FreeOrion was born. A few days ago, the development team released FreeOrion v0.3, the first edition of the game to incorporate production and research. While it's still early on in the development process, v0.3 showcases enough of the design, development, and art behind the project that we felt it was time to come out of hiding. FreeOrion can be downloaded from Sourceforge; basic information on FreeOrion is available from Wikipedia, and more details can be had on our web site and forums. If you like what you see, we hope you'll consider becoming involved with the project. With AI, tactical combat, diplomacy, and more still around the bend, we always welcome developers, artists, and designers -- not only is it a chance to work with some very talented people, it's also an opportunity to showcase your work and carry the 'Orion' torch a little bit further.

-------------
Sites we've submitted to so don't repeat:
happypenguin.org
linux-gamers.net
linuxgames.com
freshmeat.net
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#2 Post by Aquitaine »

Wikipedia URLs fixed.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by Tyreth »

I have created a thread where you can post a list of sites that you have submitted FreeOrion too, along with some other information and a caution not to spam websites:

viewtopic.php?t=1236