Ok, this is the mildly important one.
We need to fill out the details of the economy system so that it can be included in v.2. There are a myraid of issues, so this thread might get a bit messy. To help keep it focused, let's not dicuss any new ideas for totally different economy system.
* We need the final numbers. Review the economy system here: http://www.artclusta.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=122
We need to define numbers for:
- The effects of the various focuses (both major and minor)
- The consumption of resources (food mostly for v.2, but it would be nice to start getting some idea on the scale on which industry, minerals, and research is spent.)
for example numbers.
* Changing focus (from say Farming to Mining): should it cost anything? What should it cost? (Turns, money, 50 clicks on a sponser's advertisement banner?)
* Shipping resources to planets with shortfalls. It happens automatically, but should it cost anything?
* What are the effects of enviroment on resource collection? Remember the big bad Wheel of EP is in the game--the effects should be based off the wheel.
* The nature of money. Should we have money in the game? How is it earned?
The idea here is to combine all these factors into an economy system that actually works (with hard numbers). Because this is for v.2, we can't include technologies or facilities (they are slated for v.3).
Sooner or later, I'll post a complete system of my own.