New Special: Kraken below the Ice

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Sloth
Content Scripter

New Special: Kraken below the Ice

#1 Post by Sloth »

While making the white Kraken icon for Domesticated Mega-Fauna, i had an idea for a fun little special:

Kraken below the Ice

Description: Deep below the icy crust of this planet lies a white-colored prehistoric ancestor of the Kraken Space Monster.

Stealth: 25 (Needs Active Radar to be found)

Effect: When owning the techs Domesticated Mega-Fauna and Xenoarchaeology, the White Kraken can be ressurected and controlled by building a Xenoresurrection Lab on this planet.

The White Kraken could be about as strong as a Great Kraken, but with a little Stealth (25). Balance testing is needed.
Attachments
kraken-5.png
kraken-5.png (87.78 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: New Special: Kraken below the Ice

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Nice idea :)

Sloth
Content Scripter

#3 Post by Sloth »

The corresponding PR shows no conflicts (https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/850). Any objections against trying it out?
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Nope, it's probably more an issue of somebody getting around to take at least a brief look at the changes and run some quick basic tests... I'm still a bit swamped, even more so with my autumn break being very close, so I can't do it myself right now. ;)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Vezzra wrote:Nope, it's probably more an issue of somebody getting around to take at least a brief look at the changes and run some quick basic tests... I'm still a bit swamped, even more so with my autumn break being very close, so I can't do it myself right now. ;)
Yeah, I filed absolutely everything that wasn't going into the Release under "don't even think about this now" and, um, there's quite a bit of it to get through.

It shall happen—if anyone else wants to test any scripting PRs up there and give feedback that would save me time, I like to play through a game or two for each new thing when I can but there might be a bit too many new things to look at (and this particular one does look very very cool).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.