Categories

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

GTAmario
Space Krill

Categories

#1 Post by GTAmario »

I think it would be better if there were classes of techs
i.e:
Build
Explore
Conquer
Communicate (with aliens)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Categories

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You're going to have to make a much more detailed argument about how and why this would be better than what we have now... I'm not opposed to partly reworking the tech tree and its categories, but just listing a few SMAC tech classifications isn't very useful.

GTAmario
Space Krill

#3 Post by GTAmario »

Geoff the Medio wrote:You're going to have to make a much more detailed argument about how and why this would be better than what we have now... I'm not opposed to partly reworking the tech tree and its categories, but just listing a few SMAC tech classifications isn't very useful.

I think it would be better because you could focus on a specific category, instead of wondering which tech will give you what (also save people time figuring out what tech gives what)

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by utilae »

How do these categories give an idea of "what tech will give you what etc" better than the current categories.

I would think more categories (like the current ones) would make it easier to find a specific tech
eg

Option A
Techs

where are lasers?

Option B
Weapons
Rest of Techs

Ah lasers are in weapons

lol anyway