N-Dimensional Assembly and Zero-Point Generation...

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

N-Dimensional Assembly and Zero-Point Generation...

#1 Post by Bigjoe5 »

... both unlock the Hyperspatial Dam building, and do nothing else. I'm guessing this isn't intentional. Does anyone have any quick suggestions as to what one or the other of them should do instead?
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: N-Dimensional Assembly and Zero-Point Generation...

#2 Post by Dilvish »

First off, I gotta say I think Hyperspatial Dam is a literally counterproductive building as it stands due to the far reaching population penalty. Howabout if we link this in with the thread on planet environments, and have the population penalty from hyperspatial dam only apply to poor and hostile planets?

As for the originally posed question, I would leave it as unlocked by Zero Point Gen, and remove it from NDim Assmbly. NDmin Assembly could be moved to be a refinement which reduces (but not eliminates) the population penalty of the Dam (perhaps this refinement is necessary to get the aforementioned restriction to poor and hostile planets).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0