AR_LEAD_PLATE does not exist.

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

adrian_broher
Programmer

AR_LEAD_PLATE does not exist.

#1 Post by adrian_broher »

When searchin through the translation tables I found the ship part AR_LEAD_PLATE and the corresponding technology SHP_LEAD_PLATE. AR_LEAD_PLATE is referenced in the AI code, but there doesn't exist an actual ship part. As last time it isn't clear if this was removed intentional or if the ai code is outdated and SHP_LEAD_PLATE is acutally useless. Could someone please clarify this?
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: AR_LEAD_PLATE does not exist.

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Due to the recent revision of weapons/armor/shields AR_LEAD_PLATE got renamed to AR_STD_PLATE. That was SVN rev 5996. Dilvish's adjustments to the AI code went in as rev 5997, so I guess you just saw rev 5996, when the weapons/armor/shield revision has already been committed, but not the adjustments to the AI.

adrian_broher
Programmer

#3 Post by adrian_broher »

I'm on 5999. SHP_LEAD_PLATE was a rebase error. But AR_LEAD_PLATE is still referenced in defaul/AI/ProductionAI.py.

Code: Select all

$ grep -rn '\<AR_LEAD_PLATE\>' *
default/pl_stringtable.txt:3949:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/swe_stringtable.txt:3561:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/de_stringtable.txt:4132:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/dut_stringtable.txt:3506:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/cz_stringtable.txt:4197:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/ger_stringtable.txt:3988:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/finn_stringtable.txt:3989:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/fr_stringtable.txt:7724:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/AI/ProductionAI.py:131:    ar1,  ar2,  ar3 = "AR_LEAD_PLATE", "AR_ZORTRIUM_PLATE",  "AR_NEUTRONIUM_PLATE"
default/rus_stringtable.txt:7901:AR_LEAD_PLATE
default/esp_stringtable.txt:5271:AR_LEAD_PLATE
Last edited by adrian_broher on Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident code gremlin

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

adrian_broher wrote:When searchin through the translation tables I found the ship part AR_LEAD_PLATE and the corresponding technology SHP_LEAD_PLATE. AR_LEAD_PLATE is referenced in the AI code, but there doesn't exist an actual ship part. As last time it isn't clear if this was removed intentional or if the ai code is outdated and SHP_LEAD_PLATE is acutally useless. Could someone please clarify this?
Those are some loose ends hanging around after the first pass at the armor/shields/weapons revamp discussed in this thread Of the stringtables, I think just the english one was updated initially, and when I did a second pass revising the weapon naming as discussed in another thread, it seemed only cleanly applicable to the english stringtable. I can take a look at doing at least some of the substitutions into the other mostly-updated stringtables to the extent that it can be handled by basic 'sed' commands.

As for the lingering reference in the AI code, it wasn't actually being used there currently & I had overlooked it; I've got the reference corrected now though anyway & it will go in the next time I do a commit; thanks for pointing it out.

In general, when trying to get a handle on changes, besides looking checking for posts here and looking at the svn history I sometimes also find it helpful to look at them in the format presented via GitHub at https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/commits/master, but you have to keep in mind that it lags the svn commits by maybe an hour or two, it seems.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

adrian_broher
Programmer

#5 Post by adrian_broher »

Dilvish wrote: In general, when trying to get a handle on changes, besides looking checking for posts here and looking at the svn history I sometimes also find it helpful to look at them in the format presented via GitHub at https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/commits/master, but you have to keep in mind that it lags the svn commits by maybe an hour or two, it seems.
I use already git-svn, but thanks for pointing out.
Resident code gremlin

adrian_broher
Programmer

#6 Post by adrian_broher »

Dilvish wrote:I can take a look at doing at least some of the substitutions into the other mostly-updated stringtables to the extent that it can be handled by basic 'sed' commands.
Better don't do this. At least the german and dutch translations refer to a 'Lead Armour Plating', whereas the english version refers to a 'Standard Armor Plating'. I would assume this is the case for all the other translations.
Resident code gremlin