Head on a Spike

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

yandonman
Creative Contributor

Head on a Spike

#1 Post by yandonman »

Per the A Collection of Heads discussion, here is the submission for the "head on a spike" aspect of it. Works as intended in all cases I could think of to test.

Barring additional feedback, ready for submission.
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.

yandonman
Creative Contributor

Re: Head on a Spike

#2 Post by yandonman »

I'm curious if this patch was rejected?
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#3 Post by Dilvish »

yandonman wrote:I'm curious if this patch was rejected?
Ah, no, I don't recall anyone objecting to it. I think it's just that I kind of took the lead on working with you on it but then around the time you were wrapping it up I got all caught up in a bunch of work on Conditions & some other efficiency related stuff; I probably dropped the ball on a few other things in addition to this.

I just reviewed the patch again and posted a comment in the discussion thread.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

shawndream
Space Kraken

#4 Post by shawndream »

I wasn't fond of it (in a galaxy with Concentration camps and world devastation, is a head on a spike way over there really important?).

But improvements to it made it seem more reasonable. I'm down with a small bonus for holding an imperial capital, and especially if it changes depending on whether you captured it through battle or diplomacy.

(With the popup standing in for that for now).
Everything I post is self-created unless noted otherwise. It is simultaneously released under GPL 2.0 or later, CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, and GNU Free Documentation 1.2. Make something awesome with it please!

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

I made the "OwnedBy AnyEmpire" change mentioned in the linked discussion, and the patch tested out fine for me. I decided the recapture issue I mentioned in the discussion thread wasn't really such a big deal & I went ahead and committed this.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0