Logistics Facilitator and in-combat repairs

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Logistics Facilitator and in-combat repairs

#1 Post by MatGB »

The Pedia entry for the Logistics Facilitator:
This organizational flagship is designed to organize and manage mid-battle transfers of crewmen and other objects. It has seven external slots and two internal slots. Its speed is low, but max structure is fairly high. In addition, its built-in fleet of stealthy freighters allows transfer of personnel and material during battle, enabling all friendly ships to recover structure during combat and completely restore structure between combats.
Currently, obviously, it only does the complete repair after combat thing (and I've fixed that so it works properly now, thx Geoff).

I'll be rewriting the entry for this tomorrow for the patch I've been working on, but the thought occured.

Now that we have actual real combat rounds, the facilitator's theoretical ability to repaid during a fight is actually viable. I doubt, of course, that it's currently scriptable.

Should it be? Because it's a lovely bit of flavour.

I will be removing the text, temporarily, because the pedia should reflect the game as is, not how we want it to be at some notional future point. But, um, is it possible to bring that particular future point drastically nearer to today now that Mitten.O's patch is working properly?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Logistics Facilitator and in-combat repairs

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I think the in-combat repair text was referring to repair each turn, even if there was combat in the system on the previous turn.

I don't want arbitrary effects, including repair, to be possible within a turn's combat sequence.