Species Troop Modifiers

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Species Troop Modifiers

#31 Post by MatGB »

I want this to go in, but only if/when the AI team has time to update the way the AI works to go alongside it, which given we've said no more major changes before 0.4.5, means not yet as getting the AI to assess what species should be building their troop ships is going to be more effort than a simple cost/stat change.

But, it does look like a fair bit of work has been done, so we probably ought to have a fork somewhere that others can access to get the work started, but while I would love it if this were to go in quickly, we do need to prioritise the next stable release for a bit.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Sloth
Content Scripter

Re: Species Troop Modifiers

#32 Post by Sloth »

Dilvish wrote:This is the kind of situation more suitable (IMHO) to you submitting a PR to your own fork (which you then just let sit) so that people could start commenting on the code and experimenting with it (and adapting the AI for it), without cluttering the main PR process with something.
No problem. I closed the PR to the main fork. Here is the link of the PR to my fork: https://github.com/Deepsloth/freeorion/pull/2
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.