Bio-Weapons

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Bio-Weapons

#1 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Realism aside, there's literally no reason for these weapons to only apply to organic species, and it makes the techs useless. If there are no objections, I'm going to change them to work on all species.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/98
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Bio-Weapons

#2 Post by MatGB »

There is one balance issue, and it's purely because Experimentor beasties use them and it's one of the weaknesses of organic species. Can you comment it out rather than simply remove, as at some point we were hoping to increase the range of them so that there are more options and different types that do more damage to different metabolisms.

But yeah, as things stand it makes them useless for the player so a stopgap of make them not suck is fine by me.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#3 Post by Bigjoe5 »

I could comment it out, but it's literally just 4 lines of removing 'HasTag name = "ORGANIC"', plus minor changes to the descriptions. I don't think it will be difficult to add back in later.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

It's me remembering it was there, but Git has that handy "see previous versions" thing, so yeah, you're right, go for it, it's not a priority for me to work on in terms of balancing at the moment and making them actually usable is a good idea.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.