This thread is concerned with the growth category. For 0.3, growth is primarily concerned with farming, population, and I'll include health unless corrected.
Some buildings may have crossover effects into other categories, but we should remember that this is the primary area. So, it is your job to come up with ideas for:
For each tech you should provide, where possible:
* A name - (Intelligent Vaccines)
* Fluff description - (Scientists worked with artificially controlled mutations in vaccines to develop one that could adapt to changing conditions. This enabled them to eliminate some of the most fundamental problems with bacteria developing immunities by having the vaccine develop with it) - not necessary, but may help us later on. Feel free to be creative with quotes. Fluff will be adjusted, rejected or accepted at a later date as fits the game, but it doesn't hurt to start now.
* Effects - (+2 Max Health Meter on all planets)
* Cost and Time - eg 10 turns at 5RP each turn
* Prerequisites - List specifics if it is another tech from the growth category. If you think there should be a prerequisite from another category, don't specify what - just write <Theory Req from Production>. We'll add them in later once the categories have been completed
When creating effects for your technology, use this document. Please take the time to read it and understand before posting your submissions.
Also, the 0.3 requirements may come in handy:
http://www.freeorion.org/wiki/index.php ... quirements
We will need to decide on themes and directions for the growth category, including where we want it to take the game early, mid and late.
New: Present all techs in XML format according to this thread: http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=986