Acirema and Acirema guardship proposal

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Acirema and Acirema guardship proposal

#1 Post by wobbly »

This is the current Acirema guardship:
Acirema.png
Acirema.png (160.3 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
This is my preferred Acirema guardship (with ultimate shields):
Acirema3.png
Acirema3.png (262.24 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

I'd also like to see acirema colonies start with an energy compressor.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Acirema and Acirema guardship proposal

#2 Post by Oberlus »

+1 !!!

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#3 Post by Daybreak »

You are decreasing its stregnth making it easie to capture,

and any guardship it pops out, can also be moved and used, meaning later it can pop out more, giving the owner a supply of ships, and for all intents and purposes, quite a powerful scout/warship early game.

why?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm You are decreasing its stregnth making it easie to capture,
It has -17.5% structure but more damage and much higher shield, so only fleet of carriers will be able to kill it with few losses.
Arguably similar strength.
But armor part could be changed to xentronium, the plasma gun changed to another Arc Disruptor for better PD, and, if possible, the Arcs upped to level 2?
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm and any guardship it pops out, can also be moved and used, meaning later it can pop out more, giving the owner a supply of ships, and for all intents and purposes, quite a powerful scout.
Owned Aciremas don't spawn anything.

Daybreak
Vacuum Dragon

#5 Post by Daybreak »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:42 pm
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm You are decreasing its stregnth making it easie to capture,
It has -17.5% structure but more damage and much higher shield, so only fleet of carriers will be able to kill it with few losses.
Arguably similar strength.
But armor part could be changed to xentronium, the plasma gun changed to another Arc Disruptor for better PD, and, if possible, the Arcs upped to level 2?
am I reading the same as you -
Shields are same not higher
Structure reduced
Damage reduced
Total Fighter destruction reduced

Oberlus wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:42 pm
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm and any guardship it pops out, can also be moved and used, meaning later it can pop out more, giving the owner a supply of ships, and for all intents and purposes, quite a powerful scout.
Owned Aciremas don't spawn anything.
my bad, wrong one

Still, that did not answer the question- why? I ma trying to understand what is the problem, requiring change.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

Daybreak, look at the whole second screenshot, not just the first line.

And why spawning a different monster? Cause it makes sense that acirema spawn an acirema-piloted ship (to get the trait bonus) and that it uses an energy hull.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by wobbly »

Its a draft version to show the basic drift. The numbers displayed aren't necessarily the final numbers.
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm Shields are same not higher
Shields are higher. It's not clear in the top screenshot as it only has generic species not Acirema. The original acirema is 24 shield.
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm Structure reduced
Roughly the same if you count the better shields. As Oberlus mentioned xentronium armour could be used if you want it exactly the same.
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm Damage reduced
Guard hull has better plasma tech built in. I didn't bother to adjust the plasma tech in the mockup, as I wanted to look at it 1st before worrying about exact details.
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm Total Fighter destruction reduced
Arc disruptors shoot less fighters then flaks. With the plasma tech uped it will be more ship damage, less fighter damage.
Daybreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm Still, that did not answer the question- why? I ma trying to understand what is the problem, requiring change.
Mostly aesthetic.
Partially to encourage more energy hulls. Acirema always have a blue star and the cost of building an energy compressor is the biggest barrier to going energy line.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#8 Post by wobbly »

I think I'll look at uping it to plasma 2 and arc disruptor 2 first.

There's a 2nd idea I had that can be considered. Natives with canproduceship + moderatetechnative could have a shipyard + frigate. Hightechnative could have drydock + robocarrier. With the idea of giving a bit of extra life to natives.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#9 Post by Ophiuchus »

wobbly wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:01 am I think I'll look at uping it to plasma 2 and arc disruptor 2 first.
you can simply set the damage and number of shots as you like. no (real) need to stick to empire tech.

for a shield-centric defense there always needs to be anti fighter implementation. the most effective fighter defense are shot soaking ships (e.g. add some low structure acirema "shield orbs" or with flux lance "lance orbs"), secondary being fighters (as they able to soak shots by strikers and arc disruptors and flux lances). and to down fighters there are flaks, interceptors, grav pulse, flux lance, arc disruptors, fighters.
There's a 2nd idea I had that can be considered. Natives with canproduceship + moderatetechnative could have a shipyard + frigate. Hightechnative could have drydock + robocarrier. With the idea of giving a bit of extra life to natives.
i like it. it also makes narrative sense with the indy policies (e.g. feudalism) - only after destroying the house force the natives accept the superiority of the empire. i suggest putting it the fleet to non-obstructive/defense.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!