Suggestion: Notepad & circle graphics of system strength?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

Suggestion: Notepad & circle graphics of system strength?

#1 Post by Bromstarzan »

Just a couple of reflections that I thought could clarify and enhance gameplay:
  • 1) Right click on system or fleet (in galaxy map) brings up a "notepad window" that lets you attach a note (say max 255 character string) to the object and also assign a color to the "note icon" that sticks with it until you delete it. The motivation for this is that I often plan to do things with a system/planet or a fleet, but 10 turns later I find myself using it for something else, less appropriate, simply because I've forgotten my strategy (different research points reached, various attacks have occured etc etc.). I could take these notes on a piece of paper, but it would increase immersion if, like in AI wars, it could be done in-game.

2) A visual presentation (using more circles around systems) of defence strength/shield strenght! (circles of various colors and thickness and pi-fraction depending on target strength)? I can go into systems and read the numbers, but wouldn't it be nifty to have a visual representation directly on the galaxy map?
Thanks for reading, and my apologies if this has been discussed to death before. Just a beginners reflection.
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

Cpeosphoros
Space Kraken

Re: Suggestion: Notepad & circle graphics of system strength

#2 Post by Cpeosphoros »

All contributions are released under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidelines.

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

Re: Suggestion: Notepad & circle graphics of system strength

#3 Post by Bromstarzan »

Thanks Cpeosphoros, for adding ideas to github. I was not aware of the direct input system and apologize for my lack of know-how. Thank you all for your patience.
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |