Is this supposed to happen?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Is this supposed to happen?

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Caveat, I'm playing the old stable release, so possibly this isn't relevant anymore.

At any rate, I had a situation where I wanted to establish a Mu Ursh military base where there was an existing colony. I thought that I might as well have the current population build as much of the infrastructure as possible before they were evacuated. So I started an evac and a shipyard. The latter finished building while a little of the original population was there, so I started a drydock. I figured they'd build it partway and the Mu Ursh colonists would finish.

So the evacuation completed and I started a Mu Ursh colonization. Fine. Then a few turns later, the Sit Rep indicates that the drydock finished building. Huh? I looked, and sure enough. It even let me start building a geo-integration while the colony was building. When the colony established, the facility was two turns into its build. Handy, but odd.
Last edited by defaultuser on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Is this supposed to happen?

#2 Post by MatGB »

Yeah, some builds, like the shipyard, require a population, others don't, mostly because no one has cared enough to a) work out which should definitely need them and b) go in and add the requirement to a script.

I'm fairly sure it's not been changed as it's basically an edge case issue that applies if using xenophobes or the occasional evacuation.

I think it's, mostly, expansion shipyards where it's jarring, other buildings that don't have the requirement show up on outposts so it's sort of expected.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: Is this supposed to happen?

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Interesting. Obviously one couldn't get started on anything at an outpost because the shipyard would block the others.

Thanks.