Timed that one nicely

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Timed that one nicely

#1 Post by MatGB »

double-victory.png
double-victory.png (196.9 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
Largest game I've played in quite some time.

For what it's worth, the conquest victory should have come one turn before but I held it off to get this pic, but I don't think I've ever got it that close before—then, I've not played a game this big in at least two years.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Timed that one nicely

#2 Post by Vezzra »

30k production. :shock:

We really need to get that influence thing in and the resource output boosts revised and rebalanced next release cycle...

@SilentOne, saddle up. Once the release is out, all the work you've already done in that department is going to be brought in ;)

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#3 Post by AndrewW »

I did something like that one game awhile back. Within 2 turns had the conquest, experimenter and tech victory and wasn't at all planned.

The Silent One
Graphics

#4 Post by The Silent One »

Vezzra wrote:@SilentOne, saddle up. Once the release is out, all the work you've already done in that department is going to be brought in ;)
Yeah, I feel a little bad I've neglected the influence thread for so long (especially I intend to address your suggestion about the influence cost for systems, good ideas there). Post-release sounds like a plan, several things I plan to take care of until then anyway. :)
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

Well, I haven't picked up that discussion too, although there are several things I still want to reply to in that thread. But after the release (and after my autumn absence) I hope I can continue there.

LGM-Doyle
Programmer

#6 Post by LGM-Doyle »

I have never had that much production.

Go for the trifecta: conquest, transcendence, experimentors in one turn.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#7 Post by defaultuser »

30k production. When did you stop trying to build out the full amount?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

defaultuser wrote:30k production. When did you stop trying to build out the full amount?
A few turns previously, I knew I had enough ships in the air, and enough transformer-stargates in position, to get my entire fleet, or at least what I needed in position, to take down Experiment Zero, and it was just wait for the Nexus to complete at that point.

I think I need to use Priorities to have the Experimentors close their starlanes after the Bore/Nexus opens them up because going in early does seem like a great big cheat.

I think also that Experiment Zero should affect ships in neighbouring systems. But both of these are minor balance concerns that can wait until after Release.

@Vezzra, do bear in mind that was a completely maxed out 500 system galaxy on Medium, I'd build Gaia Transformation on every single planet that hadn't been just conquered and had every possible boost it's possible to have.

But yeah, we need to tone down the end game bonuses substantially, but until we've sorted out/replaced Upkeep it's hard to balance—I think I've mentioned how much I dislike the current brute force upkeep system a few hundred times already…
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.