FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Posts: 15
Good morning,
I am an Italian who is realizing a small tutorial for FreeOrion game, in Italian. Surely I'll use this resource:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/V0.4 ... Play_Guide
but in my article I want to add a guide to alien races, where I find online races of FreeOrion? Since many people DO NOT know the English language these may not always refer to the information of the internal guide to the game. Many young people do not have patience and if they fail to win a few games otherwise they stop and move on to other games, so I would have instructions in English to win or fight well the first few games by beginners, I would try to make them available for Italians who start FreeOrion play. I can then give the links, I then slowly prepare everything in Italian? No data'm looking for a translation of the game in Italian (which already exists), but to make a well-made guide for those who want to start to play and knows only the Italian language.
Thank you and good evening.



Buongiorno,
sono un italiano che stà realizzando un piccolo tutorial per il gioco Freeorion, in lingua italiana. Utilizzerò sicuramente questa risorsa:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/V0.4 ... Play_Guide
ma nel mio articolo voglio aggiungere anche una guida alle razze aliene, dove trovo online le razze di Freeorion? Siccome molta gente NON conosce la lingua inglese questi non possono consultare sempre delle informazioni della guida interna al gioco. Molti giovani non hanno pazienza e se non riescono a vincere qualche partita altrimenti smettono e passano ad altri videogame, quindi mi servirebbe avere istruzioni in inglese per vincere o combattere bene le prime partite da principianti, io cercherei di renderle disponibili per gli italiani che cominciano a giocare a Freeorion. Mi potete quindi dare dei link utili, io poi lentamente preparo il tutto in lingua italiana? Non stò cercando dati per una traduzione del gioco in italiano (che già esiste), ma di fare una guida ben fatta per chi vuole cominciare a giocarci e conosce solo la lingua italiana.
Grazie e buona serata.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4305
Location: Sol III
AFAIK the only up-to-date description of the alien races of FreeOrion can be found in the in-game pedia. The only other place where you can find species descriptions is in the Story subforum. There you can find a lot of species suggestions/proposals, but not every race you'll find there has been included into the game. Also, the info found there might not be current. And not every species in the game has a thread/discussion on that forum.

So the only reliable and current info can be found in the pedia. This is what you should use as a basis for your translation.

Regarding the Italian translation: although a translation exists, it is probably horribly outdated. I've joined the project in 2011, and I can't remember anyone who has been working on the Italian translation since then. The only translation actively maintained currently is French.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Posts: 15
In Italy the FreeOrion game is not very common for speech problems (many begin to play, they can not complete a single game and give up), but if I can induce thousands of Italians to play then you would translations and everything will serve . Or maybe I'll put in place a translation into Italian of the game for your programmers, let's see how it will be my time. Good evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
Dyson Forest
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm
Posts: 214
Location: France
Oh... it reminds me that I've planned to rewrite and update the french version of the online guide, which is incomplete and outdated.

If I create an account on the wiki page, I would be automatically granted to update the french page? (I started to work directly on the HTML file a few months ago -then I would have sent it to an administrator- but it was a little bit tedious that way and I stopped)

_________________
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 pm 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4390
Ouaz wrote:
If I create an account on the wiki page, I would be automatically granted to update the french page?
My recollection is that simply making an account may let you add to the comments for a page, but won't let you edit a page itself; you need to ask Geoff to give you edit rights. (But I have a vague memory I had to ask Geoff to make the account for me, so perhaps you can still take care of both in one swoop).

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Posts: 15
You could write a short English-speaking guide on how a novice player can easily win the first Test matches that starts on FreeOrion? I then I think to add it to the guide. Thank you and good evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Posts: 15
I've finished, here is the Italian language guide to start playing Freeorion:
http://ogigia.altervista.org/Sito/index.php?mod=read&id=1493231008
As I pointed out in the article, it is a derivation from the Quick Play Guide, and NOT the official guide, it contains more images and information, including how to win the first matches.
Good evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Posts: 15
For the future version 0.4.7 you have a good updated Italian translation, or can I try to do something by taking the it.txt language file from the sources?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4390
danieledel wrote:
For the future version 0.4.7 you have a good updated Italian translation, or can I try to do something by taking the it.txt language file from the sources?
In our Translation Forum, it looks like the italian translation got at least a bit of attention, but I'm not really sure of its status. One of the threads in that forum is titled "Translation Guide" and I think also mentions some tools that could help you.

Please also get an account on our wiki so that you could put your italian starter guide there.

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
Space Krill
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:22 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Italy (Rome)
danieledel wrote:
Good morning,
I am an Italian who is realizing a small tutorial for FreeOrion game, in Italian. Surely I'll use this resource:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/V0.4 ... Play_Guide
but in my article I want to add a guide to alien races, where I find online races of FreeOrion? Since many people DO NOT know the English language these may not always refer to the information of the internal guide to the game. Many young people do not have patience and if they fail to win a few games otherwise they stop and move on to other games, so I would have instructions in English to win or fight well the first few games by beginners, I would try to make them available for Italians who start FreeOrion play. I can then give the links, I then slowly prepare everything in Italian? No data'm looking for a translation of the game in Italian (which already exists), but to make a well-made guide for those who want to start to play and knows only the Italian language.
Thank you and good evening.



Buongiorno,
sono un italiano che stà realizzando un piccolo tutorial per il gioco Freeorion, in lingua italiana. Utilizzerò sicuramente questa risorsa:
http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/V0.4 ... Play_Guide
ma nel mio articolo voglio aggiungere anche una guida alle razze aliene, dove trovo online le razze di Freeorion? Siccome molta gente NON conosce la lingua inglese questi non possono consultare sempre delle informazioni della guida interna al gioco. Molti giovani non hanno pazienza e se non riescono a vincere qualche partita altrimenti smettono e passano ad altri videogame, quindi mi servirebbe avere istruzioni in inglese per vincere o combattere bene le prime partite da principianti, io cercherei di renderle disponibili per gli italiani che cominciano a giocare a Freeorion. Mi potete quindi dare dei link utili, io poi lentamente preparo il tutto in lingua italiana? Non stò cercando dati per una traduzione del gioco in italiano (che già esiste), ma di fare una guida ben fatta per chi vuole cominciare a giocarci e conosce solo la lingua italiana.
Grazie e buona serata.



Che fortuna! Sono italiano anche io e attualmente mi occupo della traduzione completa in lingua italiana, e alcuni lavori grafici per il gioco. Contattami appena hai tempo, sarei molto felice di condividere con te la tua iniziativa. Posso darti informazioni tecniche e tutto ciò che serve per descrivere al meglio il tuo articolo :)

Sorry, I answered the user in Italian.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Github: https://github.com/LordStephen77


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group