FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline
Space Squid

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 am
Posts: 58
I've been playing FreeOrion for about a month now (btw, really great work, guys!), and I've been pondering this for a while.

Say, you're far enough in a game (200+ turns), tech research is nearly done, and now your only focus is production at all costs. A lot earlier, you conquered a production-oriented native species (say, Kobuntura), who're far better than yours at this, and they now make 3/4 of the citizens of your large empire. At this point, I'm considering evacuating my Gaiafied homeworld and moving them there. But then, would the homeworld supply bonuses apply to all Kobunturas like they previously did to my starting species?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Dyson Forest
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm
Posts: 238
Jaumito wrote:
would the homeworld supply bonuses apply to all Kobunturas like they previously did to my starting species?
I always thought that the status of "homeworld" would be removed from a planet where you remove the native species, but I have not checked that.
So, good question.

In any case, I'd expect that you can't have two homeworld supply bonus for the same species. And given that you already own the Kobunturas homeworld (set to growth focus), you wouldn't need that second homeworld even if possible (in fact, it is possible to get several homeworlds for a single species, since AIs can have repeated species and same natives can appear on different planets from start).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
Creative Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 pm
Posts: 3286
Homeworld supply can only apply to the original series in 0.4.7 and up, there was a bug where it would apply to replacement species but I found it and (IIRC) Geoff squashed it.

Self Sustaining species (like Kobuntura) don't get Homeworld Supply growth focus bonuses (freeorion/focus.macros at master · freeorion/freeorion)—or at least shouldn't, if you've got one that does it's a bug please screenshot/report.

In addition, the output from a standard imperial/playable species homeworld is normally awesome in the mid to late game, I never keep them on supply, I'd far rather have the 200+ production they generate.

A species on someone else's homeworld shouldn't get any 'homeworld' population bonuses and while I did substantially beef up the differences between good and bad industry awhileback I genuinely think given so many of the bonuses are purely population based and not modified that you're better off keeping the original species in virtually all cases: an exception could be made for Trith if you've played a multi-species empire, but why play Trith if you're not going to be evil?

(also, we need to sort out/tone down Self Sustaining, someone remind me/open an issue? I made it a bit too powerful last cycle and forgot to fix it)

_________________
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
Space Squid

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 am
Posts: 58
Oberlus wrote:
And given that you already own the Kobunturas homeworld (set to growth focus), ...

Aha, I hadn't yet realized that conquered native homeworlds had a focus thingy of their own, so far I always treated them like any other planet. Good to know.
MatGB wrote:
Self Sustaining species (like Kobuntura) don't get Homeworld Supply growth focus bonuses (freeorion/focus.macros at master · freeorion/freeorion)—or at least shouldn't, if you've got one that does it's a bug please screenshot/report.

I didn't actually, I merely used Kobuntura as an example. Could have been any other +prod species.
Quote:
In addition, the output from a standard imperial/playable species homeworld is normally awesome in the mid to late game, I never keep them on supply, I'd far rather have the 200+ production they generate.

Makes a lot of sense on small or crowded maps, not so much when you're leading a 40k+ empire. :)
Quote:
an exception could be made for Trith if you've played a multi-species empire, but why play Trith if you're not going to be evil?

Because you don't really play Trith, you play the evil puppeteer who "plays" with Trith. That's how I see it anyway, they're just as disposable as any other race. I just gave a look at my last Trith game, out of 11.3k pop, 7.797k are Kobuntura, and only 1.102k are Trith - and I still think that's way too much :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Space Floater

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 am
Posts: 20
MatGB wrote:
A species on someone else's homeworld shouldn't get any 'homeworld' population bonuses and while I did substantially beef up the differences between good and bad industry awhileback I genuinely think given so many of the bonuses are purely population based and not modified that you're better off keeping the original species in virtually all cases: an exception could be made for Trith if you've played a multi-species empire, but why play Trith if you're not going to be evil?


Because you captured someone else's Trith homeworld. Also, there are some incredibly crappy minor races.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group