New 3D Artist

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

shrinkshooter
Space Kraken

New 3D Artist

#1 Post by shrinkshooter »

Hello gentlemen of FreeOrion. I downloaded the game, or at least as far as it has gotten, and I have to say it's pretty awesome so far. I'm a graphics/how-does-it-look fan and For such a simple yet boldly colored and easy to use GUI, I'd give it a 10/10.

I popped on here to check things out and see how things were going, and it looks like you guys can use a little help. Depending on my time constraints every once in a while, I can pretty much model whatever you want. I've been using Blender for the past few months now, and although I'm no expert I have finished a full render and completed a short animation (just a 45 frame gif).

So I'll be around here, looking at things. If I stick in my two cents and you don't appreciate it just tell me so and I'll shut up. I noticed though that it was said "don't wait for an invitation; just go ahead and make something." I probably would if modeling wasn't such an intensive process. First I need to know what YOU need and then I'll go ahead and come up with ideas. I'll make sketches first, poll the community and then model it. That is if everything goes according to plan.

Alrighty, that's my spew. See you around.

--shrinkshooter
Photobucket account for FreeOrion and List of Techs and Icons

[[[===LEAN, MEAN, PURPLE AND GREEN MACHINE===]]]