Polish translation

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
Cyber Killer
Space Floater

Polish translation

#1 Post by Cyber Killer »

HELL-o!

It's been a long time since I wanted to somehow contribute to this project, and yesterday I finally made the decision ;-).

Since my programming skills are way too small for this project, I began a new Polish language translation for FreeOrion, cause as I saw the last try was a long time ago and even FOOT doesn't work now. I'm translating from 2678 SVN revision of eng_stringtable.txt and currently have 4,5% done.

I just wanted to ask should I post the file regularly as I'm progressing with the translation or should I keep on going and post only the finished file?

Another thing - if there is anyone who wants to help me out with translating or testing, I would be grateful.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Polish translation

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Posting the file regularly is preferred, thanks. Once you get something partly done, we can add a link to it on the Translations template on the wiki. The wiki is also a good place to post your in-progress translations, although you'll need to register to edit it.

Cyber Killer
Space Floater

#3 Post by Cyber Killer »

I prefer to get the (at least) most of the work done before giving any official info, so for now I'll post the links to the updated files here, on the forum.

so the current Polish translation with 5,8% translating done is available for download
progress: 220/3764 lines (5,8%)
string groups done: Common, Status Update Messages
working on: Command Line and OptionsDB Options

Captain Rage
Space Krill

#4 Post by Captain Rage »

Good to hear somebody is working a Polish version. I speak Polish to a certain degree, so it will be interesting to see the results. :-)

Personally I'm trying to do a Swedish translation, but lately I've had little time to spare.

Anyway, powodzenia!
Trying to translate FreeOrion into Swedish.

tempsanity
Space Krill

#5 Post by tempsanity »

Hello.

I am a professional Polish translator that would like to contribute if the time permits. Could you fill me in? How can I help to translate? It would be best if you could send me an e-mail to maciejgie [*--at--*] gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

The translation method is discussed on the wiki, here:

http://freeorion.org/index.php/Languages

Cyber Killer
Space Floater

#7 Post by Cyber Killer »

@tempsanity: I didn't have much time lately to work on the translation, so if you want to you can pick up where I finished (there's a link a couple of posts back), maybe if we both work on the file we can finish this :-). I'll ctx you directly.

tempsanity
Space Krill

#8 Post by tempsanity »

Thanks for contacting me. I will sort things out with CK once I'm online at home :)

Cyber Killer
Space Floater

#9 Post by Cyber Killer »

I think I'll put the translated string on the wiki so the couple of us that are interested in this translation can work on it easily, cause the way that it's (the pl stringlist) maintained now isn't working out too good.

Prokonsul Piotrus
Space Kraken

#10 Post by Prokonsul Piotrus »

Kudos for Polish translation :) Keep it up!

Cyber Killer
Space Floater

#11 Post by Cyber Killer »

OK, the translation is on the wiki, go for it! ;-)http://freeorion.org/index.php/Pl_stringtable.txt

Guillo
Space Krill

#12 Post by Guillo »

Thanks for all that work!!
I'm having a bit of trouble actually getting the translation to work though. I tried it with the Russian, Italian and Spanish translations as well but I'm not sure where the file needs to go.

Dziękują za wszystek!!!

Cyber Killer
Space Floater

#13 Post by Cyber Killer »

Last time I checked the translation file was already included in the official game release, even though it's not finished yet + I have a hard time to find much time to tinker with it recently, so any help is really appreciated.

Geoff the Medio

#14 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Guillo wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble actually getting the translation to work though. I tried it with the Russian, Italian and Spanish translations as well but I'm not sure where the file needs to go.
Translation files can be anywhere, but should generally be put in the default directory with the other language stringtables. The translation file needs to be selected in the Options screen UI tab, as well, though.

WizLord
Space Krill

#15 Post by WizLord »

Hi!
I'd like to ask, if there's someone working on polish translation right now? I'm asking, 'couse I've got some free time and I think I could finish the translation. On the other hand I don't want to impede someones work. :D
(Is this the latest version of polish translation?
http://sourceforge.net/p/freeorion/code ... les/pl.txt)