New-ish player: a couple of observations

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

zillion
Space Krill

Re: New-ish player: a couple of observations

#16 Post by zillion »

pd wrote:Turn on completed and turn off researchable and unresearchable.
Ah, thank you pd. I think i get it now.

At first i thought there was too much redundant information unnecessarily complicating things. Why not have two options "completed" and "uncompleted" and be done with. As i see now "researchable" and "unresearchable" fall under "uncompleted".

Some more observations i made:

1. Swamps and tundras colonized after "Habitation Domes" constantly lose population.

2. One small tundra was lost due to famine while others seem to keep a minimum population.

Another suggestion:

I've seen it in other games: why not a delete option under the "save game" menu. Or a "save/delete game" option.

*Edit*
On 1&2 caused by low health.

zillion
Space Krill

Re: New-ish player: a couple of observations

#17 Post by zillion »

jsena wrote:I love the game so far, but the following are the sticking points I've encountered:

(1) Lost in the tech tree: New-ish players have to click on each of the application/refinement techs one-by-one to see what seems useful. For techs that allow buildings, the tech tree says "allows you to build Monolith" but doesn't tell you what a Monolith *does*... to find that out, you need to leave the tech tree, go into production, and look at the stuff you can't yet build. That's not very intuitive or elegant.
Hi jsena,

I did edit the textfile a little bit. Since I don't know all the formulas used for all the calculations it isn't 100% accurate but it helps a little bit.

Adding the file by going to "Options"->"UI"->"Language file" and add the path to the textfile.
Attachments
eng_stringtable.txt
(135.27 KiB) Downloaded 81 times