Up-to-date FreeOrion Mac-SDK and build - Test please!

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

night
Space Kraken

Re: Up-to-date FreeOrion Mac-SDK and build - Test please!

#76 Post by night »

libCommon without new parser source files

Build Time: 3 Minutes
Size: 79 MB

Now I'll try moving the parser into a separated file.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#77 Post by Vezzra »

Cool, night is back :D

In the meantime I made a build for rev 4506.

Download here EDIT: I had to clean out my dropbox a bit, so I had to delete this build. It's no longer available for download.

This build also includes the patch for the python issue.
Last edited by Vezzra on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#78 Post by eleazar »

Vezzra wrote:Cool, night is back :D

In the meantime I made a build for rev 4506.

Download here

This build also includes the patch for the python issue.
Thanks.

I noticed fleet names and tech colors didn't work. Is that an issue with your build or an issue everyone has with the new parser?

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#79 Post by Vezzra »

eleazar wrote:...I noticed fleet names and tech colors didn't work. Is that an issue with your build or an issue everyone has with the new parser?
There are even more issues (all resource meters 0 except for research etc.), and I too wondered if these are related to my build or because of some work in progress (new parser?) that broke some things.

This was Geoffs reply:
Geoff the Medio wrote:I think these issues are mostly related to the new parser stuff not being debugged yet.
See previous page of this thread.

I think we'll have to wait and see... I tried to build FO on Win (to see if this issues show up there too), but wasn't able to (due to the current build problems).

Maybe someone has managed to build a recent revision (4502+) on Linux or Win? If yes, can you give us some feedback if these issues show up on these platforms as well?

One thing I think I found out: Target.Population in the content script files seems to return 0 regardless of the actual population. That of course causes all formulas based on this value (food meter for example) to fail.

djj
Space Krill

#80 Post by djj »

Yes, I built 4502 on Ubuntu 11.10 after updating Boost to 1.47.1. It ran but the resource meters were not working except for food. I did not notice the fleet names, but can confirm the tech tree was without colour. I have since lost that binary but I am planning to try building it again.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#81 Post by Vezzra »

djj wrote:Yes, I built 4502 on Ubuntu 11.10 after updating Boost to 1.47.1. It ran but the resource meters were not working except for food. I did not notice the fleet names, but can confirm the tech tree was without colour. I have since lost that binary but I am planning to try building it again.
Wow, that is getting more and more weird... are you sure it was the food resource meter that worked? Because on my build the research resource meter has been the only one that worked. Which actually made some sense, as it was the only resource meter not based on the population of the planet (an obvious difference to the other resource meters), and I noticed some error log messages in the AI logs concerning "Target.Population". From this I concluded that this value might not be evaluated correctly in the content scripts, always yielding 0, which would explain why all population based resource meters were 0.

I'm really curious what you will find out when you manage to build FO again. Awaiting your report... 8)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#82 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Vezzra wrote:Maybe someone has managed to build a recent revision (4502+) on Linux or Win?
The latest SVN project files build for me on Windows. It may be necessary to build just one project at a time, which I think is a setting not recorded in the project files, and I have 8 GB RAM, which may or may not be required. I haven't investigated how functional the game is, as I'm presently still working out build issues more involved than "get something that will run", though I have noticed some meters not being what they should.

djj
Space Krill

#83 Post by djj »

Sorry, my mistake, the meters are as you described, with only the research one working. I just built 4508 and that is still the case. The research tree is also without colour in the linux version and I think the fleet names are not working but I am not sure what they should read.

eleazar

#84 Post by eleazar »

djj wrote:...I think the fleet names are not working but I am not sure what they should read.
If they start with "FN_"... the access to the string-table is broken for them. That's what i got.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#85 Post by Vezzra »

Ok, I *think* I've fixed the issue with the resource meters. See this thread.

As this was kind of a game breaking bug, I made a new build based in rev 4508 with my OS X python patch and this new patch applied. Download here. EDIT: Download no longer available.

As a side note, building is getting increasingly painful. I have to make a complete rebuild now regulary, because after several steps of editing the source and building something get's messed up and I end up with a build showing very strange issues (ranging from absolutly senseless compiler errors to unpredictable crashes). Cleaning out everything precompiled and doing a complete rebuild takes care of these issues, but that's a rocky road to travel every time because of the current build issues with the new parser. I hope this can be resolved... :?
Last edited by Vezzra on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#86 Post by Vezzra »

djj wrote:Sorry, my mistake, the meters are as you described, with only the research one working. I just built 4508 and that is still the case. The research tree is also without colour in the linux version and I think the fleet names are not working but I am not sure what they should read.
Thanks for the feedback, I think after your and Geoff's observations, and also the fact that I apparently caught the bug causing the resource meter issues, it's save to assume that these issues are not related to my builds. Which is good to know :mrgreen:

eleazar

#87 Post by eleazar »

With Vezzra's latest (and previous) build FreeOrion launches, but gives the failure while attempting to contact server message when i try to create a galaxy.

Os X 10.6.8

Geoff the Medio

#88 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:With Vezzra's latest (and previous) build FreeOrion launches, but gives the failure while attempting to contact server message when i try to create a galaxy.
With or without AIs in the game?

eleazar

#89 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
eleazar wrote:With Vezzra's latest (and previous) build FreeOrion launches, but gives the failure while attempting to contact server message when i try to create a galaxy.
With or without AIs in the game?
Without AIs -- my normal mode of testing since it loads quicker.

Geoff the Medio

#90 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Does a freeoriond.log get generated? Is there anything interesting at the end of freeorion.log after this happens?