Upload of FO test builds 5380 in progress

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Upload of FO test builds 5380 in progress

#1 Post by Vezzra »

In case anyone is wondering what's the matter with the FO test builds 5380 already showing up on sourceforge, but obviously being incomplete: That's due to the crappy internet connection I have to use where I'm at the moment. The connection frequently breaks down, the uploads are interrupted and resumed when the connection is back up. And because my upstream bandwith is something around 256kbit/s, it will take another ~4 hours to complete. Unless my connection gets even worse, then I'll have to abort the whole process and delete the partial uploaded files... :(

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Upload of FO test builds 5380 in progress

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You don't have to upload directly to the publically-visible Test downloads directory... there are other directories in the project space that aren't visible, including OldFiles, that doesn't show up in the website directory listing. You could upload to somewhere nonconspicuous, then move the files remotely when they've uploaded successfully.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Vezzra wrote:Unless my connection gets even worse, then I'll have to abort the whole process and delete the partial uploaded files... :(
Ok, it's official, I've to give up. The interruptions got too frequent, and I've to restart the upload process manually every time now, that's no fun anymore. The partially uploaded files have been deleted.

I'll give it another try when the internet connection gets better...

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Geoff the Medio wrote:You don't have to upload directly to the publically-visible Test downloads directory... there are other directories in the project space that aren't visible, including OldFiles, that doesn't show up in the website directory listing. You could upload to somewhere nonconspicuous, then move the files remotely when they've uploaded successfully.
Thanks for the hint, I'll try that on my next attempt. What other "hidden" directories are there besides OldFiles, or how can I create a directory that doesn't show up in the website directory listing? Sourceforge's wiki wasn't very conclusive...

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Vezzra wrote:What other "hidden" directories are there besides OldFiles, or how can I create a directory that doesn't show up in the website directory listing?
I guess it's just OldFiles... Based on a bit of searching, it appears to be a special case, and I suspect any newly created directories will be visible.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#6 Post by Zireael »

Ok, I'll keep waiting patiently for rev 5380 to be downloadable...

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#7 Post by Vezzra »

It has been a pain, but test builds for rev 5383 are finally up. Enjoy :D