Stargate clarification

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Raypulsif
Space Krill

Stargate clarification

#1 Post by Raypulsif »

[0.4.4+] [7751]

In a previous game, I saw strange things with that building. Ithink it work as intended but i would like to be sure.

1st attempt.
So,
i put 5 ships on queue (10 turns build time)
on turn 8, I set focus on Stargate send and Stargate receive on respective planets
at turn 10, ships arrive at planet which has stargate send focus.

2nd attempt.
So,
I set focus on Stargate send and Stargate receive on respective planets
then put 5 ships on queue (10 turns build time)
on turn 8,
at turn 10, ships arrive at planet which has stargate receive focus.

Do i need to set the focus before (and during) putting a ship in queue in order to get the ship where i want to ?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Stargate clarification

#2 Post by MatGB »

The focus only needs to be set at the turn the ships will be there, there's no need to keep it going for more than one turn, you can move ships to a system, leave them at a system, etc. It won't gate ships newly created (or shouldn't), so setting focus the turn they complete is fine.

also, at the moment, building Transformers is cheaper than Stargates and they do the same thing as long as you have the tech.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Raypulsif
Space Krill

Re: Stargate clarification

#3 Post by Raypulsif »

MatGB wrote:The focus only needs to be set at the turn the ships will be there, there's no need to keep it going for more than one turn, you can move ships to a system, leave them at a system, etc. It won't gate ships newly created (or shouldn't), so setting focus the turn they complete is fine.
Just tried to check this. In fact it works as you describe it.
Some way I thought the stargate would work only with ships buit in this system.
I just realize now that fleets that arrive in a system with a stargate (send), will be sent in a system with a stargate (receive) the next turn automatically.
also, at the moment, building Transformers is cheaper than Stargates and they do the same thing as long as you have the tech.
I thought you must have a building in order to mimic it. Thanks for clarification.