Where is the version/revision number?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Buzz
Krill Swarm

Where is the version/revision number?

#1 Post by Buzz »

I did a search for an answer but came up with nothing pertinent. So pardon my newbie questions.

I saw a post titled “feedback on 0.4.4 r8050” by Revlot and other posts with similar ‘rxxxx’ numbers. As I would like to include the version number with any posts I put up. Where do I find this version number? When I look at Sourceforge I see the newest Windows file I can download is “FreeOrion-v0.4.4-7641-Win32-Setup.exe” or in the test section “FreeOrion_2015-05-04.d742fbf_Test_Win32_Setup.exe”.

I would assume the stable build version number is 7641 and the test version is at d742fbf. Is this correct? Where did the r8050 come from? It would seem to be much later build than the 7641. Or is the ‘r’ version a different platform? Wouldn’t the version be the same on any platform?

I'm using version and revision interchangeably here. Is that correct?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Where is the version/revision number?

#2 Post by Dilvish »

The rNNNN format was when our repo was managed via SVN hosted at sourceforge. Now at GitHub the corresponding version number would be either just d742fbf or 2015-05-04.d742fbf; I think the latter is a little more helpful.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Buzz
Krill Swarm

Re: Where is the version/revision number?

#3 Post by Buzz »

Thanks for the info. Had to Google SVN for an explanation though. :)