help in compiling GG using msvc 2005 express

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

m_k
Space Floater

help in compiling GG using msvc 2005 express

#1 Post by m_k »

After finally being able to compile freeorion using msvc express 2005 sp1, using the old platform sdk, (the 2008 version and the newer windows sdk had a violent dislike to boost and asio) I still have the problem that scons is unable to find cl.exe so that I can only compile through the IDE. I have found a link to some already compiled GiGi dlls/libs around here, but they seem to be of an older version, so I just get a lot of errors about some missing functions:

Code: Select all

1>SystemIcon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GG::Wnd::CancellingChildDragDrop(class std::list<class GG::Wnd *,class std::allocator<class GG::Wnd *> > const &)" (?CancellingChildDragDrop@Wnd@GG@@UAEXABV?$list@PAVWnd@GG@@V?$allocator@PAVWnd@GG@@@std@@@std@@@Z)
and so on (occasionaly varying the function)
So could somebody be so kind to upload some new libs and dlls?
Or even better show me how to compile gg using msvc express 2005, maybe hardcoding the needed paths directly into scons, or using a visual c++ project file (I tried it myself, but it is kind of hard to get all the includes and project properties right), that would be nice, thanks.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: help in compiling GG using msvc 2005 express

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

GiGi dlls and libs built with VC 2005 SCons attached.

If it was easy to get GiGi compiling with VS 2005 express, there'd already be project files or instructions available.
Attachments
19_March_2008_GiGi_MSVC_2005.zip
gigi dlls and libs
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 109 times

m_k
Space Floater

Re: help in compiling GG using msvc 2005 express

#3 Post by m_k »

Geoff the Medio wrote:GiGi dlls and libs built with VC 2005 SCons attached.

If it was easy to get GiGi compiling with VS 2005 express, there'd already be project files or instructions available.
I didn't hope that it would be easy, I would have settled for hard which is better than never, but I'll have to live with that for now, thanks anyway. Maybe I'll play around with it a little more later.