Compiling for OS X 10.5

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Compiling for OS X 10.5

#1 Post by Vezzra »

I finally got to attempt building FO for OS X 10.5 (building for 10.6 works fine). My first attempt was with compiler set to "GCC 4.2", that produced 7 errors by the linker.Then I tried building FO with compiler set to "LLVM GCC 4.2", which left me with only one error remaining, thrown by the linker when linking build target freeorionca:

Code: Select all

Undefined symbols:
  "std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, int)", referenced from:
      boost::python::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::python::type_info const&)in libboost_python.a(type_id.o)
      boost::python::detail::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::python::detail::decorated_type_info const&)in libboost_python.a(type_id.o)
      boost::python::detail::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::python::detail::decorated_type_info const&)in libboost_python.a(type_id.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Anyone any ideas how to fix that? I'm a bit lost...