Build error with Ogre development version

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

cazfi
Space Floater

Build error with Ogre development version

#1 Post by cazfi »

Posting mostly just to let you know what awaits - I don't specifically need builds against this kind of ogre version at the moment.

I have set up fullmoon ( http://www.cazfi.net/fullmoon ) build for freeorion so that it first builds those dependency libraries that I have had to build myself at some point (i.e. ones of which FreeOrion has required newer version than is readily available for the distro). Those libraries are boost, bullet, and ogre. So latest version from version control systems are fetched of each of these to be built and to be used in FreeOrion build.

Currently this kind of FreeOrion build fails with what looks like incompatibility with ogre:

Code: Select all

/build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.cpp: In member function 'virtual void Forests::BatchPage::init(Forests::PagedGeometry*, const Ogre::Any&)':
/build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.cpp:50:60: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'Forests::BatchedGeometry'
In file included from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.h:19:0,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.cpp:15:
/build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchedGeometry.h:26:7: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'Forests::BatchedGeometry':
In file included from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreLight.h:37:0,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreAutoParamDataSource.h:35,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreSceneManager.h:43,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreSceneManagerEnumerator.h:33,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreRoot.h:36,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/PagedGeometry.h:106,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.h:18,
                 from /build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.cpp:15:
/build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/libs/ogre/install/include/OGRE/OgreMovableObject.h:551:16: note: 	virtual void Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool)
/build/fullmoon/trunk/examples/games/freeorion/checkout/FreeOrion/UI/PagedGeometry/BatchPage.cpp: In member function 'virtual void Forests::BatchPage::_updateShaders()':

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Build error with Ogre development version

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There exists a definition for that function in BatchedGeometry.h on line 47:

Code: Select all

void visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor* visitor, bool debugRenderables) {}