Boost 1.56 Compile Issues

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Boost 1.56 Compile Issues

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

asm64 wrote:
Geoff the Medio wrote:Please just add the new lines manually, as above, the boost 1.56 adjustment patch is trivially small and easily applied by hand.
I applied it onto newly downloaded trunk and it did not help..
Define "did not help"? What boost-1.56-related errors do you get with and without it? This is seemingly the changes that made the SDL branch compile with boost 1.56, so if that doesn't work for you on trunk and the errors are no different, there's seemingly something weird going on...

Chriss
Dyson Forest

#17 Post by Chriss »

As far as I remember, boost 1.56 also had issues with the parser / spirit part that you fixed? Is that change in trunk, or just in the SDL branch?
asm64 wrote:I cannot to compile this (annotation by Chriss: SDL) branch because it contains old `GG/src/Font.cpp`, that not work with new FreeType library.
A patch for that is in viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9206
I need that one too and have successfully tested that patch in Arch Linux.
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.

asm64
Space Floater

#18 Post by asm64 »

Geoff the Medio wrote:What boost-1.56-related errors do you get with and without it?
Hi. Here is the second build log that I got with patched trunk. First log file at begining of the thread and I got it with unpatched trunk.

Code: Select all

[ 13%] Building CXX object GG/src/CMakeFiles/GiGi.dir/Edit.cpp.o
In file included from /home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/ParseImpl.h:5:0,
                 from /home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/AlignmentsParser.cpp:3:
/home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/ReportParseError.h:19:50: error: 'boost::spirit::info::nil' has not been declared
             void operator()(boost::spirit::info::nil) const;

/home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/AlignmentsParser.cpp:58:78:   required from here
/usr/include/boost/utility/result_of.hpp:189:8: error: wrong number of template arguments (1, should be 4)
 struct result_of_nested_result : F::template result<FArgs>
        ^
In file included from /home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/ParseImpl.h:5:0,
                 from /home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/AlignmentsParser.cpp:3:
/home/pvv/GIT-SVN/freeorion/FreeOrion/parse/ReportParseError.h:44:16: error: provided for 'template<class Arg1, class Arg2, class Arg3, class Arg4> struct parse::report_error_::result'
         struct result

/usr/include/boost/spirit/home/qi/nonterminal/error_handler.hpp:115:21: error: no match for call to '(const boost::phoenix::actor<boost::proto::exprns_::basic_expr<boost::phoenix::detail::tag::function_eval, boost::proto::argsns_::list5<boost::proto::exprns_::basic_expr<boost::proto::tagns_::tag::terminal, boost::proto::argsns_::term<parse::report_error_>, 0l>, boost::phoenix::actor<boost::spirit::argument<0> >, boost::phoenix::actor<boost::spirit::argument<1> >, boost::phoenix::actor<boost::spirit::argument<2> >, boost::phoenix::actor<boost::spirit::argument<3> > >, 5l> >) (params&, boost::spirit::context<boost::fusion::cons<boost::spirit::unused_type&, boost::fusion::cons<std::vector<Alignment>&, boost::fusion::nil_> >, boost::fusion::vector0<> >&, boost::spirit::qi::error_handler_result&)'
                     f(args, context, r);
Chriss wrote:A patch for that is in viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9206
Oh, I know.. Chriss, look carefully who worked on the patch..
Attachments
freeorion-boost-1.56-build2.log
(333.98 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Geoff the Medio

#19 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You need to do all the same parser updates for Boost > 1.55 as were done in the SDL/SDK branch.

http://sourceforge.net/p/freeorion/code/7713/

Note the nil to nil_ changes.

I don't know if that's all, but it's a start.

asm64
Space Floater

#20 Post by asm64 »

Geoff the Medio wrote:You need to do all the same parser updates for Boost > 1.55 as were done in the SDL/SDK branch.
I still have questions. Do I need to patch the trunk if there is the SDL/SDK branch? Will it be useful for all or is it just for me?

Geoff the Medio

#21 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you want to build the trunk with newer boost versions, yes. Recent changes to trunk haven't been merged to that branch yet.

asm64
Space Floater

#22 Post by asm64 »

Ok. If I will make the patch file from the SDL branch, will You include it to the trunk? Or It just for me? If the second then I have no free time now... For community I will make..

Chriss
Dyson Forest

#23 Post by Chriss »

I don't think the decision to merge the SDL branch back to trunk was made yet. So I guess it would be just for you. So my take is: if you need Boost 1.56 support, use the SDL branch, not trunk.

asm64
Space Floater

#24 Post by asm64 »

Well... Then I just mask boost-1.56 in portage until better times.

Chriss
Dyson Forest

#25 Post by Chriss »

Merging the two branches is just around the corner, I think... See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9211