Monsters fighting each other?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Monsters fighting each other?

#1 Post by defaultuser »

It sure looks like this Sentinel and Maintenance ship are duking it out. Certainly I'm not attacking them, and it's in a location where no one else can.
FOM.png
FOM.png (248.66 KiB) Viewed 1946 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Monsters fighting each other?

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Hmmm... there is a planet with a fortress special in this system, so I suspect it's the mines effect of that fortress that affects these monsters.

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by Bromstarzan »

I believe (not entirely certain) I observed this in build 150901. I was a bit confused since none of my fleets were present, but I made a note of it. Mines that come with the Fortress would explain it.
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

I didn't realize a fortress did anything until owned by a player.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

It shouldn't be blowing up its own guards, that's for sure. Another bug to fix.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#6 Post by defaultuser »

MatGB wrote:It shouldn't be blowing up its own guards, that's for sure. Another bug to fix.
One of the guards (probably the maintenance ship) was for the elerium special. By the time I got there (not that great of a system and kind of inconvenient), the maintenance ship was gone and the sentinel very reduced.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#7 Post by MatGB »

Doesn't really matter, all are precursor left things, so they shouldn't be hurting each other, but yes, the ship would've been for the other special.

Can someone open this as a github issue so we don't forget it?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#8 Post by defaultuser »

One thing, I'm playing an older version so it's possible it's already been noted and fix in later ones.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#9 Post by Vezzra »

defaultuser wrote:One thing, I'm playing an older version so it's possible it's already been noted and fix in later ones.
How old is "older"? Which version exactly are you playing?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#10 Post by MatGB »

This is a vital question actually as this bug was supposedly fixed last September (content) adjusted Fortress Mines to make sure that an unowned Fotres… · freeorion/freeorion@8f3d540 by Dilvish.

(for future, the easiest way to let us know if you're posting a screenshot is to not crop out the title bar which normally has the date/build number in it, but stating it in text is always useful for reference)
Mat Bowles

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#11 Post by defaultuser »

I'm still using the official release from 9/1, so sounds like it was already dealt with.