What am I missing here? (No Combat at enemy system)

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Cpeosphoros
Space Kraken

What am I missing here? (No Combat at enemy system)

#1 Post by Cpeosphoros »

I have arrived with a fleet at an enemy system (Astrum Gamma at the screenshot) and no combat occurs - neither their shields/defenses are depleted, nor my ships get damaged. Their planetary mines do damage to my ships, though. They've been stationed there for a couple of turns already.
Attachments
no combat.png
no combat.png (738.1 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
All contributions are released under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidelines.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: What am I missing here? (No Combat at enemy system)

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Your fleet is set to passive / "hide", so won't initiate combat.

Cpeosphoros
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Cpeosphoros »

Ouch. Thanks
All contributions are released under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidelines.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

115 ships in one fleet?

Ouch. Um, yeah, what Geoff said, also split that into quarters and go kill many other things (that troop fleet for a start). You're going to lose 3 ships in the fight against the system but you really don't need that many in one place ;-)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.