Questions?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

ghealy
Space Kraken

Questions?

#1 Post by ghealy »

Was nice to see 'Hints' added to the Status Report. But once you seen them a dozen or so times, they can be annoying. Is there a way to turn them off somewhere?

Also Can one dis-allow or remove 'Super Tester Takeover' from the Producible Items list? I never use it

Thanks in advance for the help.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

Re: Questions?

#2 Post by dbenage-cx »

ghealy wrote:Was nice to see 'Hints' added to the Status Report. But once you seen them a dozen or so times, they can be annoying. Is there a way to turn them off somewhere?
Click on Filters on the SitRep window and select Random Game hints. This is a game option and will be saved between sessions.

You could also ignore just one hint specifically by right clicking on it and selecting one of the 'ignore' options. These are not saved between sessions though.
Also Can one dis-allow or remove 'Super Tester Takeover' from the Producible Items list? I never use it
Edit: freeoron/default/scripting/starting_unlocks/items.inf
delete the lines for: BLD_COL_SUPER_TEST and BLD_SUPER_TEST
Any content posted should be considered licensed GNU GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0 as appropriate.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

ghealy wrote:Was nice to see 'Hints' added to the Status Report. But once you seen them a dozen or so times, they can be annoying. Is there a way to turn them off somewhere?
Yes, use the Filters option and deselect "random game hints", currently about 2/3s of the way down my list, ideally it should be moved tob e deliberately at top or bottom. As it's brand new, we haven't done more than that (the deselection should transfer across games as it should store in your config file)
You're not meant to, it's deliberately there for testing purposes to allow a dev or playtester to very quickly both get ahead and also see the map, it's in all Test builds but is always removed from Release builds. If you want, you can comment it out in your game scripting directory.

Given that anyone using Test releases may also be deliberately bug hunting or trialling new features to see how they work, etc, it's basically needed.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

ghealy
Space Kraken

#4 Post by ghealy »

Thanks to dbenage-cx and MatGB for the quick response. Will follow your suggestions.