Sitrep scope vs actual message

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Sitrep scope vs actual message

#1 Post by MatGB »

Several examples make me think whether or not to generate a sitrep is being decided at the wrong time in the effects processing resolution.

1) A damaged ship travelling through a stargate from a system with a drydock will get a sitrep saying it's been repaired, but will only actually be repaired if the arrival system has a sitrep (this is an old one we've discussed before)
2) The Drydock 'partial repair' sitrep will trigger for ships that are fully repaired by other effects (eg nanorobotic hull, logistics coordinator, damage control techs), even though the partial repair effect is, deliberately, given a the lowest priority of all repair types
3) Dampening Cloud sitreps will regularly inform you that a different ship than the one actually affected has lost its fuel. In the attached, my scout ship has not lost its fuel, the enemy cruiser has:
sitrep-error.png
sitrep-error.png (379.96 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
I get the impression that sitreps are being generated in an earlier pass than the actual effects, and definitely aren't taking proper account of priority.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

Re: Sitrep scope vs actual message

#2 Post by dbenage-cx »

MatGB wrote:2) The Drydock 'partial repair' sitrep will trigger for ships that are fully repaired by other effects (eg nanorobotic hull, logistics coordinator, damage control techs), even though the partial repair effect is, deliberately, given a the lowest priority of all repair types
None of these currently share the same stacking group SHIP REPAIR (only logistics coordinator actually has one, FLAGSHIP_EFFECTS_LOGISTICS).
IIRC it was suggested to sync/balance them with drydock once they are reworked.

Could #1 be a priority issue (since the repairs are before default) ?

Edit: Going to need a priority matrix/chart :/

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Sitrep scope vs actual message

#3 Post by MatGB »

1 could be (it's been awhile since it I tested for it), but 3 not, I changed that to Very Late Priority when I was doing other things, partially to stop the sitrep triggering almost constantly and partially so it would try to take into account some other repair effects.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.