Question.Re: Planet defense

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Question.Re: Planet defense

#16 Post by Vezzra »

defaultuser wrote:Yeah, well, "new" and I aren't playing together at this time because of #676.
PR#1500, an attempted fix by Geoff for this issue, has been merged into master in the meantime. The weekly test builds I'm going to resume today evening will already contain that fix, so you can give it another try once I've uploaded them.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#17 Post by defaultuser »

I saw the test build notice on the Recent Windows Builds thread. I'll give it a go tonight and report back.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#18 Post by defaultuser »

defaultuser wrote:I saw the test build notice on the Recent Windows Builds thread. I'll give it a go tonight and report back.
That didn't fix it.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#19 Post by dbenage-cx »

Did not see it noted in those threads/issues, have you tried turning off these settings?
Config setting for config.xml/command-line noted in brakets.
  • UI->Show side panel planets (probably not relevant)
    [UI.sidepanel-planet-shown 0]
  • Galaxy Map->Galaxy map gas rendering
    [UI.galaxy-gas-background 0]
  • Galaxy Map->Galaxy map star fields rendering
    [UI.galaxy-starfields 0]
Or Video->Fullscreen [fullscreen 1] and toggling Video->Fake resolution change [fake-mode-change 0], may need client restart
I realize this may require alt+f4 to close the app, since the cursor is invisible.