Can we create asteroids?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

ghealy
Space Kraken

Can we create asteroids?

#1 Post by ghealy »

We can make black holes if we can not find one where we can establish an outpost so we can build a black hole power generator which greatly boosts our production pints.

Can we create asteroids in a system? To build asteroid hulls, one must have an asteroid in the system. If one is human, one must also have a planet inhabitable by humans. To do so early in the game means we need to find a system that has a terran, desert or ocean world plus an asteroid field. The last few games I've played, this has been very difficult. Having the ability to take a planet and create an asteroid field from it would be one way to overcome this issue.
Last edited by ghealy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Quick question

#2 Post by MatGB »

Currently, no, but I'd have no objection to something being introduced that allowed it, including potentially adding a 'planet killer' effect to the Spinal Antimatter Cannon as a bombardment effect.

My decision on whether to build/research Asteroid Hulls is always based on whether I can actually use them, same for energy line stuff, it's a deliberate drawback to the line.

(also, favour: can you edit the title of the post to reflect the content and try to make subject headings more relevent for future threads? The PHPbb search function is bad enough as it is and it helps other users to find relevent info if the subject line is actually a subject line)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

ghealy
Space Kraken

Re: Can we create asteroids?

#3 Post by ghealy »

Thanks, Matt, for the quick response.

(And I edited the subject as requested. :) )