Win10 title bar obscures icons

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Win10 title bar obscures icons

#16 Post by Ophiuchus »

RemcoBlaakmeer wrote:I tried two different FreeOrion versions (0.4.7.1 and the then latest test version) on the same computer, with the same result. On a different computer, the screen was rendered correctly.
What are your screen resolutions? Do they differ?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

RemcoBlaakmeer
Space Krill

Re: Win10 title bar obscures icons

#17 Post by RemcoBlaakmeer »

Ophiuchus wrote:
RemcoBlaakmeer wrote:I tried two different FreeOrion versions (0.4.7.1 and the then latest test version) on the same computer, with the same result. On a different computer, the screen was rendered correctly.
What are your screen resolutions? Do they differ?
On the laptop that has the "wrong" behaviour, I've got two monitors connected via a USB-connected docking station. Both run at 1920x1200. If I disconnect the docking station and only use the laptop's own screen, at 1920x1080, it's the same.

By the way, if I start FreeOrion at fullscreen on one of those external monitors, I only get a completely white screen. The ambient sound works and the program can be exited with Alt-F4, so it's not entirely nonfunctional, but with an all-white screen, it's not usable. Running it at fullscreen on the laptop's own screen (docking station disconnected) works fine, though.

The other laptop runs at 1920x1080.