Possible game-breaking bug in FreeOrion_2017-11-20 Win exe

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Heracliton
Space Floater

Possible game-breaking bug in FreeOrion_2017-11-20 Win exe

#1 Post by Heracliton »

'Possible' since there are some oddities seemingly specific to my installation; however:

The fleets window, after 2 or 3 closures ('X' button or clicking on map), disappeared and there was no way to recover it. Closing the game, restarting and loading the save was no help. Regenerated the universe and the same bug appeared. Going through the Pedia list locates a ship but again no fleet pane.

FreeOrion_2017-11-20.e6848d8_Test_Win32_Setup.exe; fresh install.

There is no way to access the fleet list/ship pane. Reverting to 2017-11-13.

Incidentally in both the latter release and the current one, on opening the build queue the Pedia window pops up - an old feature that was killed off long ago. Please terminate with extreme prejudice :P

Another bug (?): cycling through seeds I notice that every other gen the game reactivates Experimentors and Supertesters (first of no interest at present, second none at all).

System:

Asus P8Z77 V Pro, Intel 3770K @ stock, 16GB Vengeance Red 2300MHz DDR3; OS on Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB, game on secofd partition of WD Caviar Black 1TB. Win 7 Pro 64, updated last Saturday. Gigabyte Windforce HD 7950 3GB, AMD Crimson Relive (awful name) v17.7.2.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Possible game-breaking bug in FreeOrion_2017-11-20 Win e

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/1859

Workaround: press escape a few times.

Heracliton
Space Floater

Re: Possible game-breaking bug in FreeOrion_2017-11-20 Win e

#3 Post by Heracliton »

Thanks, Geoff :)

My bad, should have checked GitHub firs., Still, at least there's now a helpful post for others who encounter it.