Sitrep for spatial flux bubble hull appearing every turn

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Sitrep for spatial flux bubble hull appearing every turn

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 2018-01-09.4b45d52

It has happened to me in several games playing with Laenfa that the sitrep for the spatial flux bubble hull becoming available appears every turn, despite me not researching that tech. In the last game it began the turn after I got Fusion Generation.

When I was going to open an issue in github, when going to describe how to reproduce the bug, it happens that if I load a previous save of the same game the glitch stops (so the workaround also means it's not reproducible). So I didn't open the issue.

Edit: now loading a game made it happen again, and this time I made myself sure that the Spatial flux Bubble tech wasn't getting any RP. Plus it happened two turns earlies (61 intead of 63, in the same turn I was getting Adaptive Automation and before Fusion Generation was getting any RP). So I don't see any pattern on the occurrence of this glitch. Can you try to reproduce it by yourselves?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Sitrep for spatial flux bubble hull appearing every turn

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Yeah, looks like it.

The glitch happens on every game I've played with this version, regardless of researching or not the spatial flux bubble tech. It's weirdly annoying.

If the commit wasn't fixing anything, can you revert it for next test version?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Oberlus wrote:If the commit wasn't fixing anything, can you revert it for next test version?
I think that commit was possibly intended to fix this issue. It was committed 13 hours ago.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#5 Post by dbenage-cx »

Yes, the change/commit in question was to resolve this same issue.
With the tech granted in the effect, each time it activated it granted the tech (sometimes multiple sitreps per turn).

It seemed odd to gate a tech grant by some focus toggle (and probably another headache for AI), so I assumed it was intended to be granted with the tech.
I'll happily put together a PR if there was another intent in mind.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

You know, I suspect that tech grant slipped into there entirely by accident, or was meant to be temporarily in for convenient testing and got left behind by accident.

From the PR Discussion:
agrrr3 wrote:Added an easily researchable flux-drive like hull with a single internal slot for hidden expansion.
As it stands right now, although the tech does theoretically have "easily researched" pre-reqs, it is effectively free since it is given away as part of the rather unrelated and free basic stockpiling tech. I think that unlock should just be taken out entirely. Or else the prereqs should be done away with, as they are currently pointless.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#7 Post by Ophiuchus »

Dilvish wrote:You know, I suspect that tech grant slipped into there entirely by accident, .... I think that unlock should just be taken out entirely.
Jip, sorry :oops:

Its not intended to be directly connected to predictive stockpiling. You should be researching the prereqs first.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#8 Post by Oberlus »

I guess this is why LGM-Doyle said that of "All empires should replace their basic outpost/colony ships with these new hulls." in the other thread, because if it is better than standard in all senses and available from start...
I agree with you all the unlock can be removed. Stealthy empires can work for the very early turns without the bubble hull, they can wait to research the prerreqs.