Before posting here, make sure to read the FAQ
To help us to support you, we need detailed information.
If you write a bug report or ask for help, please provide the following details or answer the questions:
- For chrashes, provide the log files! They can be found in the same directory the config.xml is found in.
- Mention your operating system (OS), as exactly as possible (XP(32bit or 64bit?), Vista, Linux Distribution and version)
- Mention the version AND revision of FreeOrion you downloaded as exactly as possible. If the game starts, your revision can be seen in the lower right corner of the main screen.
- Is the problem repeatable? I.e. does it always crash under the same circumstances, or just sometimes? Describe those circumstances detailed.
- Describe what went wrong and when. "It does not work" or "It crashes" is not very helpful and will probably get you equally vague and unhelpful advice.
- If you built from source, tell us the SVN revision you are using or where you downloaded the source from. The svn version can be found out by typing:
svn info . GG
- Which graphics card are you using and what version of drivers are installed.
should provide the following information:
- Is python2.4 installed?
- Upload the output from "glxinfo" or look there, if your graphics card supports OpenGL 1.4 or above.
- Did you study the README (click)?
Sometimes you are likely to receive instant help if you join the IRC ( irc://irc.freeorion.org/#freeorion
Do not ask if you may ask for help. When joining, ask your question at let the users there some time to answer.