research queue

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

iceprince
Space Floater

research queue

#1 Post by iceprince »

I noticed that things i already have researched does not dissappear from the research list. Will this be fixed?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: research queue

#2 Post by pd »

Bug reports are being made at sourceforge. It's the first time I hear of this. Are you able to reproduce it? Could you show a screenshot maybe? Are you even sure, the tech is finished?

iceprince
Space Floater

#3 Post by iceprince »

pd wrote:Bug reports are being made at sourceforge. It's the first time I hear of this. Are you able to reproduce it? Could you show a screenshot maybe? Are you even sure, the tech is finished?
Yes, i get the message that the research is finished.
Attachments
snapshot1.jpg
snapshot1.jpg (222.01 KiB) Viewed 1541 times

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

Are you talking about items not being removed from the queue or from the list? For the later: I don't think they are supposed to be removed. You should be able to filter them out though. The list is very new and basically mirrors the tree in functionality. Items won't be removed from the tree either.

iceprince
Space Floater

#5 Post by iceprince »

pd wrote:Are you talking about items not being removed from the queue or from the list? For the later: I don't think they are supposed to be removed. You should be able to filter them out though. The list is very new and basically mirrors the tree in functionality. Items won't be removed from the tree either.
They are not being removed from the queue list. I suggest that items that has been researched should be marked in a way..

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by pd »

iceprince wrote:
pd wrote:Are you talking about items not being removed from the queue or from the list? [snip]
They are not being removed from the queue list.[snip]
So, you mean the queue, right? Items are usually removed from the queue. The list view however is rather new. It's an alternative to the tree and I assume that your problem is a result of the incomplete implementation.

iceprince
Space Floater

#7 Post by iceprince »

pd wrote:
iceprince wrote:
pd wrote:Are you talking about items not being removed from the queue or from the list? [snip]
They are not being removed from the queue list.[snip]
So, you mean the queue, right? Items are usually removed from the queue. The list view however is rather new. It's an alternative to the tree and I assume that your problem is a result of the incomplete implementation.
Yes, the queue list. And, freeorion has a tendency to lag a bit.
My system is Pentium4 Northwood 2.53 ghz and 500 mbs of ram.
ATI radeon X1600,
Creative labs SB audigy 2 platinum

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#8 Post by Geoff the Medio »

This should be fixed in Subversion / the next release.