Population again

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

DrGooglib
Space Krill

Population again

#1 Post by DrGooglib »

I know I've seen questions about this before, but I've looked the topics and none of them have been very helpful.

Basically the problem I'm having, is that the population doesnt change at all. It remains at 25 where it starts, no matter what I do. Research, building things, and changing the home planet's focus does nothing. It makes it essentially impossible to get past early phases of the game.

I know this isn't a finished game, etc. but it seems like others have been able to get farther than this anyway. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Population again

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

DrGooglib wrote:I know I've seen questions about this before, but I've looked the topics and none of them have been very helpful.

Basically the problem I'm having, is that the population doesnt change at all. It remains at 25 where it starts, no matter what I do. Research, building things, and changing the home planet's focus does nothing. It makes it essentially impossible to get past early phases of the game.
Your homeworld starts with maximized population... changing focus or making buildings won't change this and won't allow you to increase your max population. Instead, found new colonies that can grow to increase your total population.